Reasonable Accommodations Specialist (Federal)
Independent Contractor or Part Time
At HR Anew, people is our mission. We build wholesome relationships to foster better HR and business outcomes, as well as better professional and personal living for employees and individuals. We deliver insightful, innovative, and impactful equal employment opportunity, workplace education and training, and human resource management systems and solutions to give back time, create efficiencies, and share curated resources that enhance the evolution and success of organizations and people. Learn more about us at http://hranew.com. HR Anew is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Reporting to the EEO Program Manager and dotted line to the Chief People Officer, the Reasonable Accommodations (RA) Specialist shall facilitate virtual meetings between the client employee and the employee’s supervisor on record (SOR). During discussions, the SOR/decision maker and the employee shall identify the precise limitations and types of accommodations which would be the most effective and efficient for both parties to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of his/her job. Following the review of supporting documentation alongside the client’s Reasonable Accommodation Policy, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the EEOC Enforcement Guidance on Reasonable Accommodation and Undue Hardship under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Reasonable Accommodation Specialist shall provide a recommendation to the SOR that determines whether the accommodation is permissible under the aforementioned acts and policy. The Reasonable Accommodation Specialist must document their recommendation to the SOR in writing. The SOR will make the final determination on the reasonable accommodation request.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in psychology, human resources, communication, English, health care, or related field. A master’s degree is a define plus.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a federal EEO Investigator or reasonable accommodations specialist is essential.
- Reasonable accommodation experience with the application of disability law; specifically, the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act/Amendment Act is essential.
- Completion of a disability program management course, equivalent to that offered by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), is a definite plus.
- Possess remarkable communication skills, both written and spoken with ability to manage difficult conversations.
- Must be able to use applicable productivity software (Microsoft Office Applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.).
- Must be able to maintain privacy, and confidentiality of sensitive and medical information.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to apply a wide range of human resources (HR) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) concepts, principles, laws, rules, regulations, policies, processes, procedures, and best practices regarding medical determination and the impact on employment decisions.
- Skills in consensus building, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with employees and leaders.
- Thoughtful and thorough - can answer questions and develop trust that leads to organizational success.
- Adhere to company, Federal and State Regulations for a COVID-free work environment.
- An excellent and initiative-taking communicator keeping the Director and other leadership as appropriate informed about various company matters.
- Flexible and solid work ethic.
- Exceptional understanding of English, both written and verbal, required.
Technology and Equipment
- Must have proficient knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate office equipment: fax, copier, scanner, phone, and computer.
- Ability to use the internet for research, communications, and training.
We offer competitive compensation and employee benefits (if eligible) to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, AD&D, Long-term disability insurance, holidays, vacation, sick leave, and more. Submit your resume to us for immediate consideration.